Bravura Solutions were delighted to take part in the first Aussie FinTech Forum launched in Hong Kong. The event was organised through the partnership between the Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) and the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) who hosted the event at CBA’s Innovation Lab in Hong Kong.
Bravura’s Hong Kong-based wealth management product consultant, Paul Treanor, delivered a presentation at the event along with 12 other Australian companies. He outlined the many issues facing financial organisations which Bravura’s software products address, which include:
- Evolving and complex regulatory environments
- Increased customer demand for mobile and “self-directed” technology, enabled by the steady advance of digitisation
- Need for rapid product innovation
- Increasing costs and margin pressures impacting industry participant’s business models, and
- The need for technology that scales as business expands
With a focus on innovation and emerging technology, the new partnership aims to promote Australian FinTech companies in Hong Kong and build ties between the two markets. Australia has a strong FinTech ecosystem and its businesses are uniquely positioned to capitalise on the opportunities within Hong Kong’s fast growing financial market. With its close proximity to mainland China along with the continued opening of China’s capital markets, Hong Kong is a natural stepping stone into Asia for Australian FinTech firms.
Bravura Solutions currently serves several top tier fund administration and wealth management companies within Asia including Hong Kong, and look forward to continued participation in this exciting new Aussie FinTech Forum.